Re: [widgets] Killing file:// of evil (widget URI ready for pub)

From: Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:54:58 +0200
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>

Link for others is: http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-uri

> What's new? I completely rewrote it. Now defines a dereferencing model that fakes HTTP responses (so hopefully now will work with JQuery mobile + XHR).

This has some fairly wide-reaching applications so thanks!

> As always, comments welcomed

Some quick comments from first reading:

1. I wonder if the spec should also cover 'Relative URI Reference
Resolution' as per the previous spec? Some examples for that would also
be useful.

2. In the spec, the term 'synthesizing' is not defined. What does this
section mean?

3. Do we need to be explicit on the mapping of widget uri components to
window.location?

Thanks,

Rich