[widgets] Killing file:// of evil (widget URI ready for pub)

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 01:16:31 +0200
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
I've updated the Widget URI scheme spec, and it's now ready for publication as a new WD.

What's new? I completely rewrote it. Now defines a dereferencing model that fakes HTTP responses (so hopefully now will work with JQuery mobile + XHR).

New abstract:

The widget URI scheme spec defines the widget URI scheme and rules for dereferencing a widget URI, which can be used to address resources inside a package (e.g., a [Widgets] package or similarly packaged application). The dereferencing model relies on HTTP semantics to return resources in a manner akin to a HTTP GET request. Doing so allows this URI scheme to be used with other technologies that rely on HTTP responses to function as intended, such as [XMLHTTPRequest].

As always, comments welcomed.

Will probably sit on it for 2 weeks and then move it to LC.

Kind regards,
Marcos