Re: Adding Web Intents to the Webapps WG deliverables

From: John J Barton <johnjbarton@johnjbarton.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:11:22 -0700
To: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Paul Kinlan <paulkinlan@google.com>, Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>, James Hawkins <jhawkins@google.com>, public-webapps@w3.org
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com> wrote:
>> I don't see why. Just have a wiki page that people can list their verbs on
>> and then point to their documentation.
>
> I agree here. The "standard" is sufficient for stewardship.

Why won't I create a bot that fills with wiki with a dictionary's
worth of verbs point to my important intent: making money on
advertising? My own personal single-point of control. Oh, you think
your bot is faster than mine? We'll see about that! Oh, the wiki
domain owners stepped in? Set up a committee to approve changes?
Censorship! Politics! Slowness!

And so on.

jjb