Re: DOM4 not compatible with ACID3 tests

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 11:35:17 +0200
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: "Webapps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 02:02:15 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Attribute nodes in any shape or form. [...]

Noted on the wiki.

> Anything with mutation events. We want to deprecate them entirely.

Could not find any tests for these. (By deprecate you mean remove, right?
:-))

> Anything using the following functions which seem useless or otherwise
> have been discussed to be removed:
>   Node.isSameNode
>   Text.replaceWholeText

Could not find the former, noted the latter. I did not know by the way we
wanted to remove isSameNode(). Works for me.

> Possibly also these function:
>   Node.isEqualNode
>   Node.lookupPrefix
>   Node.lookupNamespaceURI
>   Node.isDefaultNamespace
>   Text.wholeText

These were not present in Acid3.

> Then there is of course the whole SVG Fonts thing. I'll defer to the
> SVG WG here, but mozilla's opinion on SVG fonts is pretty well known I
> assume?

David Baron added SVG Fonts. I added SVG Animation (which was also
discussed by the SVG WG and CSS WG). Both as potential items.

See:

   http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Acid3

--
Anne van Kesteren