Re: Component Model Update

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:35:43 -0700
To: olli@pettay.fi
Cc: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 1:41 AM, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi> wrote:
> One thing missing is some kind of declarative way to define
> shadow trees, similar to XBL1's <content>.
>
> It would be rather strange if one needs to explicitly construct
> shadow tree after the element is created.

I know we plan to add a declarative syntax similar to XBL, but the
scripted syntax gets into the details better, so it's better to focus
on that first.  It's also easy, when you start from a declarative
solution, to accidentally build in magic that's hard to replicate
imperatively.  Starting from imperative has similar risks, but I think
they're easier to manage.

~TJ