[selectors-api] Return an Array instead of a static NodeList

From: Julien Richard-Foy <julien@richard-foy.fr>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 19:52:25 +0200
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Since Javascript 1.6, a lot of useful collection functions are defined for
Array [1]. Unfortunately, they can’t be used directly with results returned by
.querySelectorAll, or even .getElementsByTagName since these functions return
NodeLists.
I understand the DOM API is defined without a language in mind, but these
collection functions are really useful, easy to implement and already
available in most mainstream languages. Therefore, why not create a base
Traversable type which would be implemented by all collection types (like
NodeList) and which would provide the so useful bunch of iteration methods?
Are there some issues or drawbacks I did not think of?

Regards,
Julien

[1]
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Array#Iteration_methods