Re: DOM Mutation Events Replacement: When to deliver mutations

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:23:10 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> Since there seems to be consensus to not do either "Immediately" or "New
> task" should I remove those from
> http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Modifications now? It is fine with me if
> someone else does it too.

I instead added a new section upfront that attempts to summarize the
debate thus far:

http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Modifications#Invoking_Modification_Listeners

What we are missing is input from library authors (though I suppose we are
getting some here from Google, that is not entirely clear to me). Is there
a pain with mutation events for them or is that restricted to UA
implementors?

The end of task approach has a problem with showModalDialog(). Is this
going to be a problem with <dialog modal> as well? Any other constructs?
showModalDialog() may be bad practice, but <dialog modal> is not.

In addition to that I think it would be great if Rafael could expand on
point 6 and 7 made in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011JulSep/0779.html so
that we can hash that out as well against what Olli has proposed thus far.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/