Re: [XHR] support for streaming data

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:18:43 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
> On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 02:13:20 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
> wrote:
>> XHR Level 2 does wonders for making XMLHttpRequest better. However
>> there is one problem that we have run into with "streaming" data.
> Before we add yet another set of features, when are we going to
> attempt to get interoperability on the current feature set?
Some time after adding another set of features, I'd imagine.
This has always been the way of XHR.

We've got a pretty strong case for chunked array buffer as a -single-
Between Mozilla and WebKit, I'd imagine one of the vendors will
implement this year.

> I wrote a test suite of sorts for features prior to XMLHttpRequest
> Level 2, but so far it has seen little feedback. Also nobody has
> contributed tests for the new features added to XMLHttpRequest Level 2.
Where's your test set from prior? I'm booked this month, but I'd be
happy to pick it up next month.