Re: From-Origin FPWD

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:56:25 +0200
To: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:47:59 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> It seems to me like this feature heavily overlaps with CORS. In fact,
> it addresses the exact same cases, except that it does it for
> resources which we for various reasons use
> allow-embedding-but-not-reading cross site.
>
> Would it make more sense to simply add this into CORS?

The long term plan is to have a "Fetching URLs" specifications (or maybe
just "Fetch") that includes "fetch" as defined in HTML, CORS, and
presumably this specification depending on whether it gets traction. For
now however it seems better to wait and see how each of them does on its
own.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/