Re: [indexeddb] Behavior when calling IDBCursor.continue multiple times

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:18:22 -0700
To: Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>
Cc: Eliot Graff <Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com>, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I see what you're saying.
>
> What we originally wanted to convey was that calling this method consecutively or in a row within the same onsuccess handler is not allowed.  This assumed the success handler was not invoked in between these calls.
> Would something similar to what I just wrote be enough to clarify the statement?

It's not really related to it happening from the same onsuccess
handler though, right? For example when creating joins you'll likely
end up .continue'ing a cursor from the onsuccess handler of another
cursor or a .get() request. When doing that you also need to be
careful to not call continue before

Maybe something like:

"Calling .continue more than once before new cursor data has been
loaded is not allowed and results in a NOT_ALLOWED_ERR exception being
thrown. For example calling .continue twice from the same onsuccess
handler results in a NOT_ALLOWED_ERR being thrown on the second call."

But I'd definitely put it in a <p class=note> as to make sure that
it's non-normative so that people don't misunderstand it to mean that
NOT_ALLOWED_ERR is only thrown during the above mentioned condition.

/ Jonas