Re: Mutation events replacement

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 16:58:45 -0400
To: James Robinson <jamesr@google.com>
Cc: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>, Rafael Weinstein <rafaelw@google.com>, Olli@pettay.fi, Adam Klein <adamk@google.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 1:14 AM, James Robinson <jamesr@google.com> wrote:
>  No browser updates the rendering after invoking every single task, but I'm
> pretty sure that no modern browser updates the rendering at any other time.

Testcase:

http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/saved/1063

I can confirm that in IE9, Firefox 6.0a2, and Chrome 14 dev, "Hi!" is
never visible.  In Opera 11.50, "Hi!" becomes visible immediately, and
is replaced five seconds later by "Bye!".  But I'm not surprised that
this would cause compat issues for Opera, even though it increases
responsiveness.