Re: [IndexedDB] Reason for aborting transactions

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 8:37 PM, ben turner <bent.mozilla@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Normal exceptions have error messages that are not consistient across
> > implementations and are not localized.  What's the difference?
>
> These messages aren't part of any exception though, it's just some
> property on a transaction object. (None of our DOM exceptions, IDB or
> otherwise, have message properties btw, they're only converted to some
> message if they make it to the error console).

FWIW, I think that any scripting error message useful to display on the
console is useful to make accessible from scripts, provided they don't
contain sensitive information, like database paths.  I often attach a global
error handler to window.onerror and send script errors to the server
automatically, which is indispensable for quickly discovering lurking bugs
on user systems.  This is particularly important if there's more specific
information in the message than the exception itself, which seems likely
with error codes like "internal error".

(It's somewhat frustrating when they come back localized, but bearable.)

--
Glenn Maynard