Re: [IndexedDB] Reason for aborting transactions

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 5:37 PM, ben turner <bent.mozilla@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Normal exceptions have error messages that are not consistient across
>> > implementations and are not localized.  What's the difference?
>>
>> These messages aren't part of any exception though, it's just some
>> property on a transaction object. (None of our DOM exceptions, IDB or
>> otherwise, have message properties btw, they're only converted to some
>> message if they make it to the error console).
>>
>> > For stuff like internal errors, they seem especially important.
>>
>> You're thinking of having multiple messages for the INTERAL_ERROR_ABORT
>> code?
>
> I think that'd be ideal, yes.  Since internal errors will be UA specific,
> string matching wouldn't be so bad there.
> If no one likes this idea, I'm happy hiding away the message in some
> webkitAbortMessage attribute so it's super clear it's just us who implements
> this.  (Speaking of which, maybe you guys should do that with getAll.)

We'll definitely put getAll under a vendor prefix once we drop the
"front door" prefix on .indexeddb.

I'm with Ben here. I'd prefer to hide the message away under a vendor
prefix (either now or once you drop the front door one) for now to
gather feedback on how it'll be used.

/ Jonas