Re: An HTML5 logo

Ian has, for quite some tine, described his whatwg document as HTML "Next", a 'living' standard.

This is separate from the w3c procedures, where HTML5 will be codified.

As for web apps: I think it's too early to include them. I'd like to see more standardization on elevating permissions. Currently, we have the cache manifest, and that can work securely over https. But after that, every browser has its own semantics for content scripts and global (background) pages.