Re: [chromium-html5] LocalStorage inside Worker

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Keean Schupke <keean@fry-it.com> wrote:
> Would each 'name' storage have its own thread to improve parallelism?

Your vocabulary is a bit off since from an API point of view, storage
areas don't have threads, the execution environments in workers and
windows do.

But if your question is weather one worker can open the storage named
"foo", while another window or worker is holding the storage named
"bar" open, then the answer is yes.

> would:
> withNamedStorage('x', function(store) {...});
> make more sense from a naming point of view?

I have a different association for 'with', especially in context of
JavaScript, so I prefer 'get'. But others feel free to express an
opinion.

/ Jonas