Re: Testing Progress Events and CR

From: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 22:37:55 -0700
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: ext Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 6/23/11, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
> On Jun/23/2011 6:45 AM, ext Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:36:07 +0200, Anne van Kesteren
>> <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
>>> I just checked in the proposal
>>> https://bitbucket.org/ms2ger/dom-core/changeset/b9bb17789db9 into DOM
>>> Core but I suspect it needs some refining and reviewing. I suspect we
>>> need another Progress Events LC for this as technically it is a new
>>> feature :/
> In case people aren't following the above discussion in www-dom, note
> the above changset has been applied to DOM Core:
>    http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#dom-event-init
That very closely resembles something that I proposed years ago,
albeit with keeping the two method approach instead of
createInitedEvent -- one method
"Detecting and Creating Events"
| There should be a simple way to create and fire an event.
| interface DocumentEvent {
|  Event createInitedEvent(in domstring type, in Object options)
|  raises(dom::DOMException);
| }

There are probably many other threads.

Based on my interactions, I left with a poor impression of w3c employees.

Please attribute proper credit where it is due.

Also, I do not see why `Dictionary` is needed. It is an Object;
nothing more, nothing less. Though I did not subscribe to those