Re: RfC: moving Web Storage to WG Note; deadline June 29

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:42:19 -0400
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> Note that there are currently major browsers that do not follow the spec as
> currently written and have explicitly said that they have no plans to do so.

If browsers can agree on what to implement, update the spec to reflect
that.  If they can't and we don't think they ever will, update the
spec to say behavior is undefined.  Either way, it's no less worthy of
REC-track specification than other preexisting features that are
flawed but in practice not removable from the platform.