Re: [indexeddb] IDBDatabase.setVersion non-nullable parameter has a default for null

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 01:12:39 -0700
To: Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org>
Cc: Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Actually, WebIDL just changed from turning null into "null" to turning
null into "". Turns out that a bunch of functions depended on that
behavior and so it seems like that's what we'll be stuck with.

In any case, I think IndexedDB should be silent on the issue and
simply rely on WebIDL defaults. That should give the most consistent
behavior to most other DOM functions.

/ Jonas