Re: Using ArrayBuffer as payload for binary data to/from Web Workers

On Tue, 31 May 2011, Kenneth Russell wrote:

> Jonas's suggestion of adding another argument to postMessage, and
> Gregg's generalization to declare it as an array of objects to be
> transferred rather than copied, sounds good.

We could change make MessagePort and ArrayBuffer both inherit from a
[NoInterfaceObject] empty interface, and then make the MessagePort[]
argument of the various postMessage() methods instead take an array of
this new interface, and then just have ArrayBuffer and MessagePort both
define how to be cloned in this way.

If people like this approach I can work with Kenneth on getting the
wording right in the various specs.