Model-driven Views

From: Rafael Weinstein <rafaelw@google.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 17:35:53 -0700
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Myself and a few other chromium folks have been working on a design
for a formalized separation between View and Model in the browser,
with needs of web applications being the primary motivator.

Our ideas are implemented as an experimental Javascript library:
https://code.google.com/p/mdv/ and the basic design is described here:
http://mdv.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/docs/design_intro.html. It's not
complete and there are things we're not happy with, but it's
self-consistent enough that you can start to imagine what a full
design might look like.

We hope to get others interested in collecting requirements/use cases
and fleshing out a good solution.

We're starting the discussion here because a few people in this group
from whom we got early feedback felt that it would be most appropriate
place and, further, that this work bears some relation to XBL.

What do you think?