Re: Model-driven Views

Hi Rafael,

On Apr/22/2011 8:35 PM, ext Rafael Weinstein wrote:
> Myself and a few other chromium folks have been working on a design
> for a formalized separation between View and Model in the browser,
> with needs of web applications being the primary motivator.
>
> Our ideas are implemented as an experimental Javascript library:
> https://code.google.com/p/mdv/ and the basic design is described here:
> http://mdv.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/docs/design_intro.html. It's not
> complete and there are things we're not happy with, but it's
> self-consistent enough that you can start to imagine what a full
> design might look like.
>
> We hope to get others interested in collecting requirements/use cases
> and fleshing out a good solution.
>
> We're starting the discussion here because a few people in this group
> from whom we got early feedback felt that it would be most appropriate
> place and, further, that this work bears some relation to XBL.
>
> What do you think?

FYI, the W3C has done some related work although I'm not sure how
closely related it is to MDV:

   Model-Based UI XG Final Report
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/model-based-ui/XGR-mbui-20100504/

There is also a proposed WG to continue work done by the above XG:

   (DRAFT) Model-Based UI Working Group Charter
   http://www.w3.org/2011/01/mbui-wg-charter

-AB