Re: [FileAPI] File.slice spec bug

From: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:02:46 -0400
To: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
CC: Dmitry Titov <dimich@chromium.org>, Kyle Huey <me@kylehuey.com>, Jian Li <jianli@chromium.org>, Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com>
On 4/12/11 4:45 PM, Charles Pritchard wrote:
> We're using ArrayBuffer... It's been through a few changes of its own
> relating to slice.
>
> I think they just went the route of renaming the method.

To be clear, here you're referring to the *.subarray method of TypedArray:

http://www.khronos.org/registry/typedarray/specs/latest/#7

This does rename something akin to Array.slice.  Renaming could be an
option, but it seems that slice is a good word for what we're doing to
Blobs.

-- A*