Re: [WebSQL] Any future plans, or has IndexedDB replaced WebSQL?

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 00:42:40 -0400
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Benjamin Poulain <benjamin.poulain@nokia.com>, ext Nathan Kitchen <w3c@nathankitchen.com>, public-webapps@w3.org
On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> > I don't find this compelling, because it assumes that the release
> > methodology of SQLite is fixed in stone.
>
> It would be incredibly rude of us to force an independent team of
> developers to change development practices for our benefit.

You can certainly ask if they're interested in doing so, not for "our"
benefit (whoever "our" means), but for the benefit of the Web as a whole,
and there's nothing at all rude in asking.  I'd say the opposite: it's rude
to assume they wouldn't be interested, rather than asking and letting them
come to their own decision.  (I don't know where the notion of "forcing"
them to do anything came from.)

--
Glenn Maynard