Re: [IndexedDB] versionchange event gone?

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 19:50:33 -0800
To: Pablo Castro <Pablo.Castro@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Pablo Castro
<Pablo.Castro@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Just noticed that the algorithm for updating versions refers to the "versionchange" event but the event is actually not defined in IDBDatabase or IDBDatabaseSync. Just an omission?

I think this event just can be a normal Event, no need to have any
special properties. Of course, if this isn't clearly defined it needs
to be.

> On a related note, I'm updating the sync API and changing the setVersion method so that it does all the version change notification dance synchronously and returns a transaction object that's the "version change" transaction. Given this behavior we probably don't need anything similar to the "blocked" event for the sync API. Any concerns?

Sounds good. Possibly worth having a warning that this function can
take a very long time before it returns since it could depend on when
the user closes other open pages, so author might want to consider
using the asynchronous version instead.

/ Jonas