Re: Call for Editors for Server-sent Events, Web Storage, and Web Workers

> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Doug Schepers<schepers@w3.org>  wrote:
>> But we are looking for more than someone to just push TR copies, we want
>> someone who (like Ian) understands the issues, and knows how to help drive
>> progress through consensus and technical expertise, and who can dedicate
>> themselves to the task.
> Can we get a bullet-point listing of the responsibilities for the
> desired position?  I've gone back and reread the OP, and I don't
> understand what exactly you're asking for.  I'm sure the
> responsibilities are hidden there, but the wordiness makes my eyes
> slide right over them.

Doug - thanks for starting this thread.

Tab - Doug indicated some of the tasks in the head of this thread:

[[
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010OctDec/0919.html

Previously, Art Barstow asked for an analysis of the current status of
these specs, with regards to LC comments, implementations, test suites,
and so forth; these are typically performed and coordinated by the
editor of a spec, and it's appropriate that someone doing this work
would get editor credit for their effort.
]]

The thread Doug alludes to above included some additional tasks:

[[
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010OctDec/0860.html

All of these specs have a Bugzilla component for issue and comment
tracking, all are included in the WHATWG issue tracker at [Issues], all
of the specs have changed since their LC was published and all of the
specs had at least one comment submitted against the LC via public-webapps.

With respect to "does a spec need to return to LC or can it advance to
Candidate?", Section 7.4.6 of W3C process says:

Since Hixie is active on HTML, perhaps someone else is willing to pick
one of these LCs and to review the issues, bugs, diffs, etc. and propose
the next step .

[Issues] http://www.whatwg.org/issues/
]]

I realize the W3C process can be a bit heavy weight, especially regaring
LC comment processing and if you or anyone else can help, that would be
great.

I don't think it is fair or reasonable to expect Hixie to do all of the
work required to move a spec through the W3C process.

-Art Barstow