Re: XHR responseArrayBuffer attribute: suggestion to replace "asBlob" with "responseType"

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 00:16:39 -0400
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Geoffrey Garen <ggaren@apple.com>, Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com>, michaeln@google.com, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com>, jorlow@google.com, jamesr@chromium.org
On 11/2/10 11:35 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> So your concern is that jQuery will update to use the new API before
> browsers implement it. And then once browsers do implement it and
> start honoring the .responseType by making various existing properties
> throw, things will fail?

No, my concern is that browsers will implement this, and then sites that
haven't updated their jquery, and probably never plan to do it, will
start using the new stuff browsers have implemented.

-Boris