Re: XHR responseArrayBuffer attribute: suggestion to replace "asBlob" with "responseType"

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:59:13 -0400
To: Michael Nordman <michaeln@google.com>
CC: Geoffrey Garen <ggaren@apple.com>, Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com>, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com>, jorlow@google.com, jamesr@chromium.org
On 10/27/10 3:46 PM, Michael Nordman wrote:
>     Note, by the way, that for XML and HTML types, one is required (per
>     current XHR spec) to instantiate an XML or HTML parser,
>     respectively, to produce the responseText (because the data can
>     declare its own encoding in things like <meta> tags).  I'm not sure
>     whether that complicates the other interfaces being proposed.... I
>     guess they could do that under the hood.  But they point is they'd
>     need to know the MIME type, not just the data.
>

> So an XMLParser would need more than just the raw data, ok.

That's obviously true, and isn't what I said...

-Boris