Re: Replacing WebSQL with a Relational Data Model.

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:06:14 +0200, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org>
wrote:
> WebSQLDatabase is essentially deprecated, so it's not worth looking at
> things in that context.  And I don't think anyone's interested in adding
> yet another storage mechanism to the web platform.  And thus that leave
> just
> IndexedDB.

Well, there's the file-based storage mechanism:
http://www.w3.org/TR/file-system-api/

(FWIW, I'm also not quite sure that leaving Web SQL behind is a good idea,
but unfortunately I am not really capable of specifying the SQL dialect.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/