Re: XHR responseArrayBuffer attribute: suggestion to replace "asBlob" with "responseType"

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:27:37 +0200
To: "Chris Rogers" <crogers@google.com>, "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: "Web Applications Working Group WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>, "Eric Uhrhane" <ericu@google.com>, michaeln@google.com, "Darin Fisher" <darin@google.com>, "Alexey Proskuryakov" <ap@webkit.org>, "Chris Marrin" <cmarrin@apple.com>, "Geoffrey Garen" <ggaren@apple.com>, jorlow@google.com
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 00:33:35 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> [...]

Boris, do you see value in the asBlob / responseBlob proposal currently in
the draft? Maybe we should keep that for very large responses. For the
other scenarios it is probably fine to have both a octet and string
representation in memory (although you could optimize for the non-string
scenario as detailed in this thread; I suppose you could even optimize for
the non-octet case by having some kind of special string type).

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/