Re: XHR responseArrayBuffer attribute: suggestion to replace "asBlob" with "responseType"

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 19:36:14 -0400
To: Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>
CC: Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com>, michaeln@google.com, Darin Fisher <darin@google.com>, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com>, Geoffrey Garen <ggaren@apple.com>, jorlow@google.com
On 10/25/10 6:42 PM, Alexey Proskuryakov wrote:
> That may become more common when people start downloading arbitrary files, and storing them to disk with FileWriter. But even years ago, we've been getting performance bugs forcing us to ensure responseText didn't have to be copied for JavaScript access.

Sure, if people access it over and over.  That's fine; not copying it
seems orthogonal to what's stored...

-Boris