Re: createBlobURL

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:09:24 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, Adam Barth <abarth@gmail.com>, Darin Fisher <darin@google.com>
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 8:00 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:

>>> Also, is there some kind of implementation summary available regarding
>>> the File API specifications? With what is shipping prefixed and what is
>>> shipping without a prefix? We are interested in supporting this too in the
>>> distant future.
>>
>> No, but there should be.   I think it's Firefox nightlies and Chromium
>> nightlies for now.  Firefox isn't using a prefix on the method.
>
> I would prefer it if createBlobURL and co were prefixed. Everything else is
> probably stable enough.

cc'ing Darin who knows more about the chrome implementation status
here. I was under the impression that they were even closer to
shipping this than we are.

I would be ok with moz prefixing, though it would be nice to try to
find a solution pretty quickly if all this is is a discussion about
finding an appropriate name for this function.

/ Jonas