ISSUE-138 (keyboard mapping): Define "keyboard mapping" [DOM3 Events]

From: Web Applications Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 06:18:15 +0000
To: public-webapps@w3.org

ISSUE-138 (keyboard mapping): Define "keyboard mapping" [DOM3 Events]

http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/138

Raised by: Doug Schepers
On product: DOM3 Events

Hallvord R. M. Steen <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2010JulSep/0177.html>:
[[
what exactly does the spec mean when it says "this event type shall be
generated after the keyboard mapping"? I don't quite understand what
"after keyboard mapping" refers to. I think it might mean figuring out the
state of a character taking modifier keys and dead keys into account, but
then why does the spec say the keydown event shall be generated after a
keyboard mapping?
]]