ISSUE-137 (IME-keypress): Should keypress events fire when using an IME? [DOM3 Events]

From: Web Applications Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 06:16:48 +0000
To: public-webapps@w3.org

ISSUE-137 (IME-keypress): Should keypress events fire when using an IME? [DOM3 Events]

http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/137

Raised by: Doug Schepers
On product: DOM3 Events

Hallvord R. M. Steen <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2010JulSep/0176.html>:
[[
current spec text says about the keypress event:

> This event type shall be generated after the keyboard mapping
> but before the processing of an input method editor, normally
> associated with the dispatching of a compositionstart, compositionupdate,
> or compositionend event.

I think this is wrong, if an IME is actively processing the input no
keypress event should fire.
]]