[CORS] HTTP error codes in preflight response

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:05:10 -0700
To: Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi All,

CORS was recently clarified to say that error responses, such as
4xx/5xx responses, should not abort the various algorithms but instead
such a response should be forwarded to, for example, the
XMLHttpRequest implementation.

However it seems somewhat strange to me to do this with responses to
the preflight OPTIONS request. If a OPTIONS request results in a 404,
then it seems to me that the request can not be considered successful,
and that access to place the "real" request should not be granted.
Otherwise we are essentially ignoring the status code and not exposing
it anywhere, which seems strange.

/ Jonas