Re: [CORS] HTTP error codes in preflight response

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 02:05:10 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> CORS was recently clarified to say that error responses, such as
> 4xx/5xx responses, should not abort the various algorithms but instead
> such a response should be forwarded to, for example, the
> XMLHttpRequest implementation.
>
> However it seems somewhat strange to me to do this with responses to
> the preflight OPTIONS request. If a OPTIONS request results in a 404,
> then it seems to me that the request can not be considered successful,
> and that access to place the "real" request should not be granted.
> Otherwise we are essentially ignoring the status code and not exposing
> it anywhere, which seems strange.

So preflight requests should only succeed if the status code of the
response is 200, correct? All other status codes mean failure? (Not
counting 1xx here, as they are transport codes, not response codes.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/