Re: A URL API

On 9/20/10, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 20.09.2010 09:22, Garrett Smith wrote:
>> I see setParameterValues there. Useful to build URLs for XHR. But OTOH
>> -- Ajax that is using a lot of parameters, might be better using a
>> form. Usually Ajax requests are simple requests -- not a large form
>> submission. Sorry just have to be devils advocate on the necessity of
>> the thing.
>
> How do you use a form to build a request other than GET/POST?

No idea; I wouldn't expect it to work, even if some browser actually
supported something other than GET|POST. I've always used "get" or
"post" and that's what's stated in HTML4.

<http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#adef-method>

Might a large-ish form request, a standard form submission be a better
alternative to XHR?

Requests that don't have lot of parameters are often simple one-liners:

url = "/getShipping/?zip=" + zip + "&pid=" + pid;

What XHRs have complicated URL with a lot of query parameters?

Garrett