Re: A URL API

On 9/17/10, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:
>> I've removed the searchParameters attribute from the URL interface for
>> the time being.  We can consider adding it back at a later time.
>
> ;_;
>
> Just today my cubemate asked me if there was any way to get at the
> search parameters of a URL without parsing it himself.  I replied "No,
> but abarth started working on an API for it today.".

You mean you didn't mention that I drafted a much better one over two
years ago?

And you felt this API was worth mentioning?

My criticism is spot-on and appropriate. Cursory, dismissive and
thoughtless replies are as inappropriate and counterproductive as
flippant messages I'm seeing in my inbox. And I'm not about to be
pigeonholed or scapegoated into being the bad guy here. Make sense?

> That said, Garrett's right.

My arguments are supported by the reasons that I provided; nothing
more, nothing less.

Garrett