Re: A URL API

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 02:00:09 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:
>> I've removed the searchParameters attribute from the URL interface for
>> the time being.  We can consider adding it back at a later time.
>
> ;_;
>
> Just today my cubemate asked me if there was any way to get at the
> search parameters of a URL without parsing it himself.  I replied "No,
> but abarth started working on an API for it today.".
>
> That said, Garrett's right.  The values of the dict should be arrays.
> Most of the time they'll be single-element arrays, but the benefit of
> having a consistent type of value at all times is better than the
> benefit of being able to omit "[0]" from parts of your code.

+1 in every way, and if somebody wanted to miss the [0] they could make
a simple get function which returned array or single element based on
array.length, in userland.

regards,

nathan