Re: XBL2

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 12:36:54 +0200
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-webapps@w3.org, hyatt@apple.com
Hi, Ian-

Jonas Sicking wrote (on 9/3/10 7:24 PM):

> In general I would have appreciated at least being pinged about our
> requirements before these changes had been made. In the current state
> its unlikely that we'll be following the specification without
> modifications.
>
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Ian Hickson<ian@hixie.ch>  wrote:
>>
>>  Since XBL2 wasn't getting much traction, I've taken an axe to the spec and
>>  made a number of changes to the spec based on some discussions with some
>>  browser vendors:

Since Jonas (surprisingly) wasn't among the browser vendors you
discussed this with, I'd be interested to know who you discussed it
with, what precisely their feedback was, and the justifications and use
cases they explained.  I want XBL2 to succeed, so I think we should all
get on the same page about it.

To that end, could you provide a link to the requirements document, or
if there isn't one, could you start one?

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs