Re: [FileAPI] Blob.URN?

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:55:42 +0200
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Michael Nordman <michaeln@google.com>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com>
To: Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>
On Mar 31, 2010, at 01:56 , Darin Fisher wrote:
> The only way to get a FileWriter at the moment is from <input type="saveas">.  What is desired is a way to simulate the load of a resource with Content-Disposition: attachment that would trigger the browser's download manager.

I don't think that <input type=saveas> is a good solution for this, for one it falls back to a text input control, which is less than ideal. I think that the File Writer should trigger downloads on an API call since that doesn't introduce security issues that aren't already there. I'll make a proposal for that.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/