Re: Seeking pre-LCWD comments for View Modes Media Feature; deadline March 17

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:09:18 +0100
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Hi Daniel,

thanks for your comments!

On Mar 10, 2010, at 17:57 , Daniel Glazman wrote:
> 1. Overall, it's a good a light document. I agree the feature is needed.

Glad that you think so.

> 2. I don't understand why this is restricted to Widgets...
>     A HTML page can be dropped on a desktop or be rendered chromeless
>     by Mozilla Prism. A web page can be rendered in a browser in
>     fullscreen mode, etc. All values still make sense in the case of
>     a browser.
>   I think this spec should be made app-agnostic and Widgets should not
>   be the only target.

I don't see why that would be an issue. Do you see the need to change anything (other than some terminology) in the draft to achieve that?

> 3. why "maxiMIZED" and only "mini"?

Hmmm, because they were added at different times? :) It's a good point, is there a preference between -mized or not?

> 4. I think a "hidden" value makes sense for future system use of
>   webapps... Don't say no immediately and think more about it please.

I'm not saying no, but could you just clarify a little bit what you have in mind for this? If it's not an immediate use case, the keyword can be added later too.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/