Re: [widgets] dir and span elements

From: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@fh-potsdam.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:15:13 +0100
To: marcosc@opera.com
Cc: "Phillips, Addison" <addison@amazon.com>, Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Hi Marcos,

2010/3/10 Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>

> Hi Addison, Richard, and i18 WG,

[snip]

> Upon reflection on the discussion above, I think the dir attr must
> behave the same as xml:lang -  meaning that the value of dir is
> applied to the element, all its attributes, and its child nodes.

Correct. This is also how the element is defined in ITS, see the
"inheritance" column at
http://www.w3.org/TR/its/#datacategories-defaults-etc : "Textual content of
element, *including* attributes and child elements", the same as "language
information" in the same table (a mediator for xml:lang).

Best,

Felix