Re: [widgets] Testing infrastructure for Widget Access Request Policy (WARP) spec

Le lundi 15 février 2010 à 12:46 +0100, Marcos Caceres a écrit :
> >> During the 4-Feb-2010 widgets voice conference, we discussed how to
> >> test WebApps' WARP spec [WARP] and Marcos raised  concerns about
> how
> >> to test the spec given it requires at least two domains to test
> >> against since the test cases will make cross-domain requests:
> >>    http://www.w3.org/2010/02/04-wam-minutes.html#item07
> >>
> >> Marcos indicated you had mentioned some related work (i.e. cross-
> >> domain testing) has been done at the W3C thus we are wondering if
> you
> >> have a testing infrastructure we can use/leverage.
> > Hmm... I'm not sure what Marcos was referring to; in any case, it seems
> > to be that the simple way to do cross-domain testing would be to host
> > tests on both www.w3.org and dev.w3.org?
>
> I might be wrong, but I could have sworn that at TPAC we discussed the
> formation of a working group that was going to work on test suites
> across the W3C?

Oh, sorry, I thought "domains" related to DNS rather than W3C domains :)

There has been discussion of an effort to build a cross-working groups
test harness that could host test suites and gather test results, in a
generalized and more robust approach to what the Mobile Test Harness [1]
offered.

Philippe Le Hégaret has been driving this to the best of my knowledge,
so I'm copying him here in case he is in the position to give an update
on this.

I'm not sure this involved the creation of a Working Group, but I might
be wrong.

HTH,

Dom

1. http://www.w3.org/2007/03/mth/harness