Re: Notifications

From: David Levin <levin@google.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 10:13:46 -0800
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 6:52 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 00:36:26 +0100, John Gregg <johnnyg@google.com> wrote:
>
>> In the case the first notification from an application is an important
>> one,
>> that app should be able to request permission for out-of-tab notifications
>> beforehand;
>>

> Aren't notifications by nature somewhat non-important?

Yes, but only if they aren't done well. I have notifications to remind me to
go to meetings, or when someone is trying to reach me in irc. These are very
important to me. oth, I may also have a notification about new email that is
directly to me. It still may need my attention but is less important to me
that the prior two.

I don't want notifications about things that are unimportant to me.