Re: [xhr] events for async requests

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 03:12:18 -0800
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:

>>> This is already required elsewhere. I suppose I could try to merge the
>>> two, would that be useful?
>>
>> The main point of my email was that responseText should never change
>> other than from the main event loop. I.e. doing xhr.responseText ==
>> xhr.responseText should always return true.
>
> Ok. That is definitely covered now.

It is still unclear what the relationship is between responseText
being set to a non-empty value, and switching to the LOADING state is.

Which happens first (it's somewhat clear that responseText is changed
before switching to the LOADING state)?

Can responseText ever be non-empty without being in the LOADING state?
I.e. do these to actions happen from the same, or from separate, tasks
posted to the event loop?

/ Jonas