Re: Window id - an idea to make multi page web application easier

From: Sebastian Hennebrueder <usenet@laliluna.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:36:40 +0100
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Arthur Barstow schrieb:
> Sebastian, All,
>
> On Jan 18, 2010, at 10:54 AM, ext Sebastian Hennebrueder wrote:
>
>> About half a year ago I came up with an idea to add a unique window id
>> as request header to each browser request. I published this initially on
>> my website
>> http://www.laliluna.de/blog/2009/05/19/browser_feature_request.html
>>
>> Now, I have stumbled upon the WebApps Working Group and would like to
>> introduce this here as well.
>
> WebApp'ers - does anyone have any feedback for Sebastian? Would this
> "idea" be more applicable to HTML5?
>
> -Art Barstow

Hi Art,

thank you for the feedback.
HTML 5 defines precise scopes for per window or per browser which can be
used by JavaScript.
The missing bit is to pass a window id to the server with the HTTP
request. I don't know to which spec this actually belongs to.

I am hoping that people here can help me or finally convince me that my
idea is useless.

--
Best Regards / Viele Gre

Sebastian Hennebrueder
-----
Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence
http://www.laliluna.de