Re: Steps to creating a browser standard for the moz-icon:// scheme

From: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 00:12:30 -0800
To: Pierre-Antoine LaFayette <pierre.lafayette@gmail.com>
Cc: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 6:24 AM, Pierre-Antoine LaFayette
<pierre.lafayette@gmail.com> wrote:
> Adam, could you provide your thoughts on using about:icon?

I'd prefer not to use about:icon, but I don't think it matters much.
Currently, the only URL in the about scheme that's accessible to web
content is about:blank.  I believe Internet Explorer has a "res"
scheme that might be more appropriate.  That's a general way to refer
to browser-provided resources with URLs.  Perhaps

At a higher level, we could bikeshed about the name forever.  You
should pick whatever you think is most aesthetic since you're driving
the process.