Re: Publishing Selectors API Level 2 as an FPWD?

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:40:02 -0600
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Cc: Sean Hogan <shogun70@westnet.com.au>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:
> In particular, this one lists most of the alternatives have been considered,
> and it also sums up why the selector pre-processing for scoped selectors got
> watered down to its current state.
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Sep/0317.html

To be fair, there weren't really objections to the more powerful
starts-with-a-combinator syntax in queryScopedSelector (I believe Anne
was the only one to object, and it was on more theoretical grounds).
However, there were some objections from implementors to allowing it
in querySelector with a context.  I personally felt they were rather
weak.

~TJ