Re: Adopting postMessage and MessageChannel from HTML5?

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 09:30:04 -0500
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, ext Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Hixie, All,

On Jan 9, 2010, at 3:00 AM, ext Ian Hickson wrote:

> Would this working group be interested in adopting the
> Window.postMessage
> and MessageChannel/MessagePort features from HTML5? It was recently
> split
> from the main HTML5 spec into a subspec, but some people have
> suggested it
> might be best in the webapps group. I'd be happy to continue
> editing it,
> it would just mean a change in the headers, as with Web Storage,
> etc (and
> would similarly remain in the WHATWG "complete" spec).

Why is this functionality being removed from HTML5?

I would also like to understand: the status of the specification
maturity, in particular, its closeness to being ready for LCWD; and
the spec's implementation status.

Additionally, I don't see a direct connection to any of WebApps'
current deliverables although I'm not familiar with this functionality:

  http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/charter/#deliverables

Is the HTML WG not interested in owning this new "subspec"?

-Art Barstow