Re: XMLHttpRequest Priority Proposal

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:00:56 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 01:13:46 +0900, Mike Belshe <mbelshe@google.com>
> wrote:
>>  // Set the load priority for this request.
>>  void setPriority(unsigned short priority);
>
> Any reason this is not an attribute named priority?
>
> Other than that I wonder if we should maybe simply use string values to
> make it easier to extend this if we ever need to.

How is it easier to extend ?
Like, define an interval from, say, 1 to 10, 5 is normal, 10 is high then
let the UA decide how to deal better with prioritization.
Handling strings for such a simple use case is messy, and very different
 from all the other dom bindings that use integers already (e.g. nodeType,
readyState).